What Do We Do?
CMLC Prevention/Intervention Programs:
- Emergency Shelter Assistance: Initial rent, rent arrears and permanent housing; only available as a collaborated effort with other referring agencies when funding is available
- Medical/RX Assistance Program: (Non-Narcotics Only/Funding is limited)
- Medical Equipment Program: Crutches, walkers wheelchairs, canes, etc. These items are available for a cash deposit with required donation
- Transportation Assistance Program: Gas Vouchers & Bus Tickets
- Utility Assistance Program: Water bills, electric bills and heating source provisions (i.e. propane, coal & pellets)
CMLC Food Programs:
- Food Pantry: A full scale local food pantry site offering access to food daily, Monday thru Friday. Four times a year, a family is able to receive enough food for an entire month.
- The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP): Is open to the public the 1st Tuesday of each month 10:00am to 3:00pm at CMLC. It is based on income guidelines and requires participants to be Logan County residents.
- The Mobile Food Bank: Is open to the public the 4th Tuesday of each month 9:00am to 11:00am at the Logan County Fair Grounds (1120 Pawnee Avenue, Sterling CO, 80751) and is based on participants declaration of need.
- Christmas Basket Program: Phone lines are open for two weeks in November for participants to call and order a basket. Baskets assembled the second week in December and delivered to participants homes by community volunteers.
CMLC Thrift Store
The Cooperating Ministry Thrift Store is one of the best places in town for bargain shopping! Our store has everything from household items, holiday decorations, jewelry and a wide selection of clothing to include designer brands. Upon shopping the best bargains, your purchases enable our programs to continue in helping feed, cloth and sustain housing for families in need within our own community.